SLLS General Meeting 2013
TISLR11, London (July 11, 2013)
All TISLR participants were invited to attend the SLLS’s General Meeting 2010, but only members had the right to vote. During the meeting, members elected the following new board for the 2013-2016 period.
- Diane Lillo-Martin (chair)
- Johanna Mesch (vice-chair)
- Adam Schembri (secretary; re-elected)
- David Quinto-Pozos (treasurer)
- Kearsy Cormier (re-elected; webmaster)
- Christian Rathmann (international relations: deaf communities)
- Victoria Nyst (international relations: academics)
Departing board members Anne Baker (chair), Josep Quer (vice-chair), Beppie van den Bogaerde (treasurer), and Onno Crasborn (webmaster) received a warm round of applause for their efforts in the setting up the society and serving as board members for the past two periods.
The following regional representatives were elected, to liaise with colleagues in various parts of the world and ensure an optimal two-way flow of information.
- Africa: Eyasu Tamene
- Asia: Felix Sze
- Oceania: David McKee
- Europe: Thierry Haesenne
- North America: Deborah Chen Pichler
- South America: Marianne Stumpf
Finally, the University of Hamburg (Christian Rathmann and his team) was elected to host the 2019 meeting of the TISLR conference.
The minutes of the meeting will be distributed in the near future.