1. Teach undergraduate courses in the undergraduate minor in linguistics.
2. Advise and supervise undergraduate students in linguistics.
3. Engage in scholarship/research in the field OR provide service at departmental, university, and community levels.
4. Participate in development, assessment, and revision of LIN programs, including online and certification courses/programs.
5. Participate in program, department, and university faculty activities and professional service.
6. Other duties as assigned by the department chair.
1. Earned Masters’ degree in Linguistics or in a closely related field.
2. Experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching linguistics.
3. Ability to lecture in ASL.
4. Record of (or clear potential for) research and scholarship in signed language research or engagement with signed language communities, including those using Pro-Tactile ASL or signed languages other than ASL.
5. Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Salary and Rank:
Rank and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Appointment will be for the regular nine-month academic year.
Send letter of application, vita, official transcripts of graduate work and three letters of reference demonstrating quality of research and teaching to the Linguistics Search Committee electronically (see email address below).
Application deadline: Screening will begin in November. Will continue to receive and review applications until the position is filled.
Contact: Address questions and send application materials to Dr. Julie A. Hochgesang at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallaudet University serves deaf, hard of hearing and hearing students from many different backgrounds and seeks to develop a workforce that reflects the diversity of its student body. Gallaudet is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and actively encourages applications for open positions from candidates who are deaf, hard of hearing, members of traditionally underrepresented groups, people with disabilities, women, and veterans.