Pending official approval, the University of Lille 3, France (research centre UMR 8163 STL “Savoirs, Textes, Langage”,) will be hiring three lecturers (Maître de Conférences, MCF) starting Sept 1, 2012 in the following areas:
– Lexical semantics and data mining
– Sign languages
There will also be a one-year position (English Department) for someone (MCF or Professor) with a specialization in ESL or ELT (‘didactique’).
The candidate should have a PhD. The successful candidate must be authorized to work legally in France by Sept. 1, 2012, the start date of these positions (if approved).
The candidate appointed will be expected to teach at the undergraduate level and he/she will integrate the research group STL (http://stl.recherche.univ-lille3.fr/).
The vacant positions will be officially announced in February or March 2012 in the ‘Journal Officiel de la République Française’. They will also be published on the Lille 3 web site. In principle (in accordance with recent changes in the regulations), it is possible to apply directly to the University that is opening positions, provided the candidate holds a comparable position. However, it is strongly recommended to apply for a ‘qualification’ by the ‘Conseil National des Universités’ (CNU). The ‘liste de qualification’ is essentially a shortlist of candidates considered to be eligible for vacant positions.
In order to get qualified, it is necessary to register on the official site of the Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur et de la Recherche before *October 27 (16h, Parisian time)*, stating your intention to apply for a qualification at the desired level (MCF). Candidates applying for a job in the French department should ask for a qualification in the 7th section (‘Sciences du Langage’). The submission of the actual application file, both electronically and on paper, will be the second stage in the process.
– Creation of login on the Galaxy platform https://www.galaxie.enseignementsup-recherche.gouv.fr/ensup/candidats.html, right click on ‘accès Galaxie/qualification’
– Registration for qualification (needed for the designation of reviewers by the CNU) (deadline *October 27, 2011; 16h, Parisian time*)
– Publication (on Galaxy platform) of the names & addresses of the designated reviewers (*November 25, 2011*)
– Full submission of an electronic file and hard copies to be sent to the two reviewers (one for each): deadline *December 16, 2011; 00:00 (midnight) Paris time*)
– The application usually proceeds in two steps:
* The candidate goes through a qualification procedure at the national level (deadlines October 27, 2011 and 16 December, 2011)
* The candidate has to apply at the University level early 2012
For further information, please contact Georgette Dal (firstname.lastname@example.org) for positions in the French department, Maarten Lemmens (email@example.com) for ESL/EFL – ‘didactique’.
For information about Lettres Modernes, SDL (Sciences du Langage) http://www.univ-lille3.fr/fr/ufr-lettres-modernes/
For information about Angellier (English Departement) http://www.univ-lille3.fr/fr/universite/composantes-formation/angellier/
For information about the ‘qualification’, Professor/MCF status and salary, consult the webpage of the French Ministry of Education:
Application Deadline: 27-Oct-2011
Email Address for Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org