- January 2016:
- SLLS have signed a joint Memorandum of Understanding with the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD), also available on the WFD website in International Sign and English
- SLLS have signed a joint Memorandum of Understanding with the World Association of Sign Language Interpreters (WASLI)
- Congratulations to the TISLR 12 SLLS prize winners: Zed Sevcikova and Nick Palfreyman (Early career Prize, €100) and Richard Cokart and Carl Börstell (Student Prize, €100)
- January 2016: If your 2015 SLLS membership has expired and you would like to renew for 2016, simply login to the site and you will be instructed how to renew.
- December 2015: SLLS memberships for registered TISLR 12 delegates are being set up/extended until 31 Dec 2016. SLLS memberships for those who are not registered for TISLR 12 will expire on 3 January 2016; you should receive a message a few days before that reminding you to renew. If you do not, or if you think there has been any error in your membership setup/extension, please contact us at webmaster at slls.eu.
- December 2015: SLLS members should be able to log in and to retrieve lost passwords now (click Login above and then Lost Password if needed). The SLLS mailing list is back up and running; SLLS members can post to the list using firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 2015: The SLLS mailing list address has changed: email@example.com no longer works and should be removed from your contacts list. For the current mailing list address: Members should have received a message with the subject “Welcome to the “SLLS” mailing list” on 2 March with subscription information including the current mailing list address. If you are a member and did not receive such a message, we may have an old email address for you – contact webmaster at slls.eu to change it.
- September 30, 2013 Handover is underway from the previous SLLS board to the new board. During this time, please bear with us; it may take a bit longer before you receive a response from a board member or before the web site is updated.
- July 11, 2013 At the General Meeting of the society during the TISLR 11 conference in London, a new board was elected, as well as new regional representatives. The University of Hamburg was elected to host TISLR 13 in 2019.
- June, 2013 Prof. Gladys Tang from the Chinese University of Hong Kong has received the Hong Kong Humanity Award 2013.
- December, 2012 The SLLS board has drafted an Ethics Statement for SLLS, which is open for discussion.
- August, 2012 The membership fees have been adjusted to facilitate participation in the upcoming TISLR 11 conference next year:
- Existing members can renew their membership, the new period lasting until TISLR 2016.
- New members can choose to become a member until the end of the TISLR 11 conference next year (including the SLLS General Meeting during the conference) or until the start of TISLR 2016
Earlier this year, prof. Bergman retired after a long and fruitful career. We wrote a special note on the occasion of her retirement.
- Brenda Nicodemus and colleagues, The impact of language modality on linguistic encoding of perceptual categories (1st Prize, €200)
- Anna Sáfár and colleagues, Handedness in the Corpus NGT (2nd Prize, €100)
- Jonathan Udoff & Karen Emmorey, Phonological constraints on handshape mapping in ASL (3rd Prize, €50)
We congratulate all winners with their prize, and encourage everyone to take another look at their posters in the Poster Archive.