The Sign Language Linguistics Society (SLLS) has as its main aim the promotion of sign language research on an international scale and the maintenance of high scientific and ethical standards of such research. It will act as a resource to researchers and provide support to researchers in countries where such research is just beginning. The society will encourage exchange of information through meetings and publications.
- Support the continuation and organisation of the TISLR conference series
- Develop and maintain this web site, forming a central and neutral resource for information on sign linguistics
- Maintain a mailing list for members of the society
- Arrange further membership benefits
- Support and promote young scholars in the field of sign language research
- SLLS by-laws: SLLS_BY-LAWS.pdf