New job announcement for full-time tenure-track faculty in the department of linguistics at Gallaudet University
1. Teach graduate courses in the MA and PhD programs in linguistics.
2. Teach undergraduate courses in the undergraduate minor in linguistics.
3. Advise and supervise undergraduate and graduate students in linguistics.
4. Engage in scholarship and/or research in the field and generate external funding for research and student support.
5. Participate in development, assessment, and revision of LIN programs, including online and certification courses/programs
6. Participate in program, department, and university faculty activities and professional service.
7. Other duties as assigned by the chair.
1. Experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching linguistics.
2. Ph.D. in linguistics or closely related field. To be considered for tenure at Gallaudet University, a candidate must possess a terminal degree; outstanding applicants in dissertation stage may considered.
3. Ability to lecture in American Sign Language.
4. Record of (or clear potential for) research and scholarship in signed language linguistics and demonstrated success or clear potential for generating external funding for research.
Salary and Rank:
Rank and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Appointment will be for the regular nine-month academic year.
Send letter of application, vita, official transcripts of graduate work and three letters of reference demonstrating quality of research and teaching to the Linguistics Search Committee at the address given below.
Application deadline: Screening will begin November. Will continue to receive and review applications until the position is filled. Specific questions may be addressed to Dr. Julie A. Hochgesang at email@example.com
Dr. Julie A. Hochgesang
c/o Ms. Jayne McKenzie
Linguistics Search Committee
Department of Linguistics (SLCC 3rd floor)
800 Florida Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002