Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Number: UF-130506111744
Date Posted: 5/6/2013
Status: Accepting applications
DEPARTMENT OF LINGUISTICS
GRADUATE SCHOOL AND PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS
POSITION CONTINGENT ON FUNDING
Gallaudet University serves deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing students from many different backgrounds and seeks to develop a workforce that reflects the diversity of its student body. Gallaudet is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and actively encourages applications for open positions from candidates who are deaf, hard of hearing, members of traditionally underrepresented groups, people with disabilities, women, and veterans.
1. Teach graduate courses in the M.A. and Ph.D. programs in linguistics.
2. Teach undergraduate courses in the undergraduate minor in linguistics.
3. Advise and supervise undergraduate and graduate students in linguistics.
4. Engage in scholarship and/or research in the field and generate external funding for research and student support.
5. Participate in program, department, and university faculty activities and professional service.
6. Other duties as assigned by the chair.
1. Experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching linguistics.
2. Ph.D. in linguistics or closely related field. To be considered for tenure at Gallaudet University, a candidate must possess a terminal degree; outstanding applicants with significant progress toward a terminal degree may considered.
3. Ability to lecture in American Sign Language.
4. Record of (or clear potential for) research and scholarship in signed language linguistics and demonstrated success or clear potential for generating external funding for research.
Rank and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Appointment will be for the regular nine-month academic year.
Send letter of application, vita, official transcripts of graduate work, and three letters of reference demonstrating quality of research and teaching to the Linguistics Search Committee at the address given below.
Application deadline: Will continue to receive and review applications until the position is filled.Application Address: Dr. Miako Rankin
c/o Ms. Jayne McKenzie
Linguistics Search Committee
Department of Linguistics (SLCC 3rd floor)
800 Florida Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002-3695
Specific questions may be addressed to Dr. Miako Rankin at firstname.lastname@example.org.